The real Jesus

Written by Marty on March 5th, 2005

For those living in the first century there was a hope that a deliver would establish a mighty empire. They looked for a Messiah who would slaughter their oppressors. They looked for another King David and a golden era. What they did not look for was someone who would bring hope to the whole world, rather only to the Jewish nation.

When a man of peace came instead those locked into that mind set were unable to accept their error and rejected the true Messiah. These Pharisees were blinded by their stubbornness and their over inflated egos. With all their knowledge of the Bible they overlooked the passage which says, “Pride comes before a fall!” They preferred a vengeful God over a loving Savior, not considering that they too would be subject to that vengeance.

God’s plan was not that of men for they had misinterpreted His nature. They did not see Him as the merciful God who would as John 3:17 says, “For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.” Jesus was a healer not a destroyer, He spoke of His mission as this:

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

This was a compassionate message of hope and real deliverance for it was a proclamation of true freedom. Jesus reached out to the whole world from the least to the greatest. He did not regard those with wealth as greater than the poor. We see His priorities in the message of the judgment day.

Matthew 25:34 Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry, and ye gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me in; 36 naked, and ye clothed me; I was sick, and ye visited me; I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, and fed thee? or athirst, and gave thee drink? 38 And when saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39 And when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it unto one of these my brethren, even these least, ye did it unto me.

Today there are those who have forgotten the message of Christ and look for an angry God to smite the world. They have a perverted vision of Christianity, for they love money over mankind. These modern-day Pharisees are more concern about taxes than feeding the poor. When the day does come for them to meet the Lord it is doubtful that they will recognize Him. It is very likely the God will say to them depart from me for I never knew you.

That is of old faithful, it always goes off you can count on it being there. I think it is the same with Jesus. He is there when you need him.

Nice picture and a good post.

There is a TIME for all things.. THERE are Seasons we must go through , andfollow the times of those seasons in their timeing for GOD HAS CREATED the SEASONS.. of LIFE.
    SEED TIME, GROWING TIME, with FOOD and water being GIVEN for GROWING to take place, and when the SEED has GROWN INTO a PLANT OR TREE of MATURITY??? IT is TIME FOR THE HARVESTING OF the GROUND where the SEED was planted.
    THE EARTH is the LORDS and all it's fullness the world and those who dwell therein. Psalm 24;1:
    We as men plant seeds of all kinds in the earth to grow take care of and give food for the harvest to feed the hungry and those who need that food from the seeds planted to give those who dwell on this earth life … GOD'S FIELD that has tares and wheat
    growing together until the harvest of GOD comes. THE OWNER of the field..
    PLANT a SEED OF CORN, and water it, feed it, and when it is grown to maturity. THAT ONE SEED has BROUGHT FORTH MORE SEED JUST from ONE EAR OF CORN.
    MAN also PLANTS HIS SEED IN THE EARTHEN VESSEL THAT WAS MADE from MAN whom is made from the DUST of the ground. BOTH CLAY VESSELS GIVEN LIFE by GOD ALMIGHTY. HE being the Potter and we being the clay. AGAIN SEED TIME, GROWING TIME, being FEED and WATERED until the SEED grows to MATURITY and then HARVEST TIME of the FIELD OF GOD . THE TARES being BUNDLED FOR the FIRE, and the WHEAT being BROUGHT INTO HIS BARN.
    PLANT A SEED , NUTURE IT BY FEEDING IT GIVING IT FOOD, YOUR CHILDREN are as ARROWS in a QUIVER. YOUR QUIVER should be full. when YOU RAISE UP A CHILD in the way HE SHOULD go when HE is OLD HE will not depart from it.
    THE SEED PLANTED MATURES and will bring forth more seed to mature . THE GOOD SEED makes GOOS TREES PLANTS. CHILDREN OF GOD ALMIGHTY TO BE BROUGHT HOME INTO HIS BARN.
    THE TARES shall be BUNDELED FOR the FIRE.
    REFINE THEN AS SILVER AND GOLD IN THE FIRE.
    Job 28; Psalm 66; 8:-12: Malachi 3;1:-3:
    Levites were and are the PRIESTS in the worlds Sanctuary.
    WE now have a HIGH PRIEST who sits as a refiner of FINE GOLD and SILVER. and HIS name is the LORD. a HEAVENLY SANCTUARY. HEBREWS Ch 9;
    One should read the BOOK OF MICA THAT HAS been WRITTEN REMEMBERING that GOD HAD A BOOK WRITTEN for all those that FEAR the LORD and meditate on HIS NAME. ESPECIALLY Mica 3; 8:-12:
    YET IN Revelation WE are told TO “COME!” and TAKE the WATER OF LIFE FREELY.. and what is the WATER AND BREAD OF LIFE??
    THAT which has come down from HEAVEN ABOVE.. THE BREAD of LIFE. THE WORD!!! THE WORD OF GOD is OUR BREAD and WATER OUR FOOD for NUTUREING, GROWTH, and LIFE!!!!!!!
    WITHOUT HIM THERE would have been nothing wasmade that was made. John 1; 3:

What are you saying? That we should let the children die of starvation? What is up with all the caps?

I agree with a loving LORD Jesus Christ. But I cannot beieve a loving Lord would allow theft lies and murder and all the other sins to continue. after all HE IS TO TEACH LOVE and if one does these things then I do not call that love at all but bring hurt, harm , and death to all those that should if TAUGHT properly would know better to not do such things.

People have been asking this question as long as there have been people who believed in God or a god. Even people with otherwise strong faith in God have problems with this one. Why does he allow newborn children to die? Why does he allow people to suffer from cancer and other diseases? Why does he allow wars with their maiming and killing?
    How do some people, having faced some or all of these calamities keep on believing in God? If you don't believe in god, who do you put the blame on for these things?
    Let me cite you a personal example – my own experience.
    About 2 1/2 months ago I was diagnosed with type II adult diabetes. It is in the beginning stages, and can be controlled with proper diet, exercise and medication. I am attending a ten hour seminar in diabetes management. I have learned from it that this is almost entirely my fault. There's nowhere else to place the blame. Oh, it's possible that a parent passed along a gene that made me more vulnerable to it, but I have learned that it is a disease of lifestyles, as are so many of our recent diseases. It can be prevented by doing the right things, or kept in check by changing lifestyles to do the right things.
    Blame God for causing this? The thought never entered my mind. I have been told all my life to eat the right things, get enough exercise, and maintain a weight consistent with my size. Often some or all of this advice has been ignored. Did God cause that? No way. My thoughts now are to pray to God that he give me the will and strength to do the right thing.
    God allows us to have control, but also to accept the rewards or consequences for the way we exercise these controls.

Man has question for eons as to the existence to evil and why God does not stop it. God allows evil when He allows man to have free will to choose it. Would anyone want to live in a world where they did not have free will? The reason for the existence of evil is disclosed in the creation story which includes the account of the fall from grace. The reason for which man fell was his desire to be as a god. It is that desire which has enslaved, impoverished, and massacred so many. The reason for God tolerating this is His desire to have our willing devotion.

Thank you for being a good friend.

i thought man was kicked out of the garden for eating apples. not for wanting to be (a) god. doesnt it seem kind of harsh to impose this “sin” of eating fruit onto every single person born after these two people?
    most of the conflicts (past and present) are because one religious group has issues with another religious group. the crusades, the inqusition, WWII, northern Ireland, the middle east, Isreal, etc..
    each side believes it is right(eous) and the other is wrong. all because of ancient writings and beliefs.
    it is complete madness

MAN also PLANTS HIS SEED IN THE EARTHEN VESSEL THAT WAS MADE from MAN whom is made from the DUST of the ground. BOTH CLAY VESSELS GIVEN LIFE by GOD ALMIGHTY. HE being the Potter and we being the clay. AGAIN SEED TIME, GROWING TIME, being FEED and WATERED HP0-A01 exam until the SEED grows to MATURITY and then HARVEST TIME of the FIELD OF GOD . THE TARES being BUNDLED FOR the FIRE, and the WHEAT being BROUGHT INTO HIS BARN. PLANT JN0-531 exam A SEED , NUTURE IT BY FEEDING IT GIVING IT FOOD, YOUR CHILDREN are as ARROWS in a QUIVER. YOUR QUIVER should be full. when YOU RAISE UP A CHILD in the way HE SHOULD go when HE is OLD HE will not depart from it. THE SEED PLANTED MATURES and will bring forth more seed SY0-201 exam to mature . THE GOOD SEED makes GOOS TREES PLANTS. CHILDREN OF GOD ALMIGHTY TO BE BROUGHT HOME INTO HIS BARN.