Gays in government?

Written by Christianity and the Confusion on March 2nd, 2007

Author: Marty Martorella

This news clip is about a city commissioner in Portland, Oregon. His name is Sam Adams who happens to be gay. The word is that he would like to be Portland’s mayor. The question is whether the public is ready for gays in government. Is it intolerant to oppose someone just because they might be gay? The question is how far should our tolerance take us?

Do you think that we are fair to gays?  The results of the poll will be viewable on 3/7/07

At the risk of sounding prejudges I don't think that most Americans would welcome a gay couple living in the White House. I think the election of gays is the exception and not the rule at this time. I have no idea would tomorrow will hold, personally I consider myself a progressive but I'm not that much of a fan of those who talk about their sex lives publicly. There are just some things that should remain private.
    As to this Adams guy I would only ask what the law is for an unwed heterosexual couple who break up. Why did these two men feel that they had to split everything? Why couldn't they have just gone their own way? I'm sorry but I get the feeling that this is too much for show. They did the same thing in 04 thinking that the country was ready for a change and that they could push their single issue of gay marriage. Gays were told that they could cost us the election, which they did and I don't think that they cared.
    I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but that's my opinion.

I tried to tell you Democrats in 04 that if you kept promoting things like gay marriage you would never win. The country still sees homosexuality as a sickness and doesn't want them in government or teaching our children. I don't think that is being intolerant, we have a right to oppose immorality.

In 99% of cases most people cannot tell the sexuality of most people in office, and to be honest why would anybody be interested in who they sleep with in the privacy of their own homes anyway? when theres more pressing issues out there to deal with. If that person in office does a good job then why should anybody care about his private life as long as its legal.
    Everybody has the right to be treated 100% the same as the next person regardless of skin colour, sexuality, disability, or single parents. Theres too many people out there wanting to convert other people with a different outlook on life, lifestlye to their way of thinking and living using every possible method they can find to convert them, normally religion is the usual boring way they try. Its a great shame that theres so many busy-bodys out there who like nothing more than interfering in someone's life. Shame on them

Dear Anonymous,
    Maybe you didn't catch that Adams guy is making his homosexuality public. If he was in the closet I bet no one would have guessed or cared, but is breaking up with his gay lover and wants to split his state retirement with him. He is making his gayness an issue, but that doesn't bother you Dems now does it? Why should I have to explain to my kids why this guy loves men? If he was elected to office that would be like telling my kids that homosexuality is ok, it's NOT! I want every liberal to take note of the fact that I didn't call these gays by any insulting names, I wonder if any of you will insult my opinion.

Look out there's a GAY!

You sound a little homophobic there Jack. I don't know how old your kids are, odds are that they know more about sex than you think. Most kids now a day do know more about it than their parents.

Hey Jessica, I'm not afraid of any gays, but I don't want them near my kids! What's wrong with that? I don't buy this trash that they were born that way and I don't want to see one of mine being turned. I'M NOT HOMOPHOBIC! I just love my family and don't want to see any of them go through the pain that most family do when someone in that family turns gay.

If you're not homophobic why are you afraid that your kids might be gay? Do you really think that anyone chooses to be gay? Maybe a few might choose to be gay but 99% had no choice in it. I think you would still love your kids even if they were gay. You need to learn to be more tolerant of people who are a little different. That is the trouble with most conservatives they are too intolerant.

For me it is not a question of whether someone chooses to be gay or is born that way. I think the key is how we treat them. Some think because they are opposed to their life-style that they can attack them with any words or actions. At the same time there are those who think that just holding the opinion that homosexuality is wrong is intolerant. I have to ask if one does not promote or support any action that discriminates against gays but yet believes that the act is wrong, is that being intolerant? Do we have to condone the act to be tolerant? I guess I am wondering if tolerance has just become another buzz word. Then you have people like Ann Coulter who seems to think anything is funny if it insults those she does not like. There is no excuse for degrading another human being with words as Ms. Coulter used, even conservatives are trying to distance themselves from her remarks. Take a look at this clip from Count Down.

Take a look at this clip from Count Down, Keith Olbermann tells us who is the worst person in the world.

I agree that Ann was wrong to call Edwards that, but she was trying to make a joke. The media is making a big deal of it
    They have a short memory, they forget the “joke” that John Kerry made about the troops.

Why is ok for Olberman to insult Ann Coulter by calling her manly when she is condemned for anything that she says? Blondie is right it was only a joke.

Just my opinion;;
    Personally I would not vote for someone that I knew was a Practicing Homosexual. again this is because I seek GODLY MORAL INDIVIDUALS to be in OUR governing OFFICES, whether it be City, or Federal for often times the city officials can graduate to Federal even into the Presidency.
    THERE Is such a thing as NOT BENG TOLERANT of OUTRIGHT IMORALITY. IN GOVERNMENT. EVERYBODY HAAS every right to CHOOSE The way they are going to LIVE and CONDUCT themselves when it comes to WHAT MORAL LAW IS. BUT THIS DOES NOT mean that I OR ANYONE THAT values MORAL STANDARDS OF CONDUCT have to BE TOLERANT OF THOSE THAT HAVE LOW MORAL STANDARDS. EVERYBODY HAS sinned we all have. YET THERE ARE some of us that DO NOT STEAL, MAKE BRIBES TO GET CRIMANALS OFF FROM BEING PUNISHED for their WRONG DOING WE DO NOT MURDER OUR CHILDREN IN OR OUT OF THE WOMB, WE DO NOT LIVE HOMOSEXUAL LIFE BY HAVING SODOMITIC SEXUAL RELATIONS MALE TO MALE OR WOMAN TO WOMAN, IN OTHER WORDS ABNORMAL SEX. OUR LORD GOD DID make male and female I COULD elaborate on the MEANING AND MECHANICS HE PROVIDED AND MADE just for this REASON FOR SEXUAL RELATIONSHIPS. but I believe everyone KNOWS what the PARTS ARE for . JUST FITS better and works better for the way GOD HAS CREATED US IN THE beginning. GODS PLAN IS The bets PLAN and MANKIND CANNOT AND should not TRY CHANGING THE MORAL STANDARDS ….. NEITHER do we NEED TO CHOP OFF HANDS for THEFT!!! BUT PUNISHMENT is DUE NO BRIBES TO GET A THIEF OFF ..
    BEFORE I FORGET. “CONGRESSMAN BARNY FRANKS” IS A HOMOSEXUAL AND HE HAS been IN CONGRESS for many years . HE NOW is gone I believe MAYBE.
    I am not sure I like the IDEA OF an ISLAMIC in our GOVERNMENT YET if they are a CITIZEN OF THIS COUNTRY then THEY TOO AARE eligable to RUN FOR ANY OFFICE. WE MUST however KEEP IN MIND THAT the IDEOLIGY AND GOAL OF THE TERRORIST FACTION IS TO RULE THE WORLD UNDER ISLAMIC ALLAH LAW OF THE LAW OF QUARAN ISLAMIC STRICTNESS OF THE LAW OF MOHAMMAND!!!
    THIS is whom WE ARE AT WAR with THIS YEAR OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOR .. THEY DEFINITLY HAVE FOR CENTURY'S HAVE been GETTING READY FOR this TIME IN HISTORY.
    I REALIZE that THERE ARE some MUSLIMS that HAVE CONVERTED TO CHRISTIAN BELIEF OF AND IN THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST. MEANING ALL THE HOLY SCRIPTURES OLD AND NEW AND BOOK OF REVELATION. MANY LIVE WITH THREATS OF DEATH BY THE ISLAMICS BECAUSE OF IT ALSO.
    I DO NOT speak of these TRUTHS TO BE AGAINST the ONES THAT ARE trying to GET out FROM UNDER THIS TERROR AND RELIGIOUS TEACHING OF HATRED FOR THE AS THEY CALL US AND ISRAEL INFIDELS!! SATANIST, AND TO THEM WE ARE TP BE DESTROYED OFF this EARTH, BECAUSE THIS IS what THEIR QUARAN DOES TEACH.. ACCORDNG TO some of the PASSAGES.. BECAUSE they DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE TRUTH OF THAT WHOM HAS COME TO SAVE THE WORLD!!! meaning THEM ALSO!! HISTORY HAS PROVED TIME AND AGAIN OVER AND OVER THAT THE STATE OF ISRAEL AND THE JEWISH PEOPLE GOD ALMIGHTY IS NOT AND WILL NEVER LET ANY NATION OF PEOPLE DESTROY THEM!!!! AS THESE TERROIST PROFESS AND CLAIM AND SAY THEY WILL DO!!!! NEVER WILL THIS HAPPEN the MOST THEY CAN DO IS RULE OVER THEM FOR A TIME> AS EGYPT DID IN THE PAST AND HITLER AND HIS GENICIDE IN THE PAST……. NEITHER PREVAILED GOD AND HIS WILL PREVAILED NOT MANS WILL TO DESTROY THESE ……. PEOPLE THAT GOD SENT MOSES TO SET FREE! FREEDOM IS OF ALL THAT LOVE GOD , HIS SON and FREEDOM THAT HE HAS GIVEN US ALL HE AND HE ALONE WAS OUR CREATOR!!!!
    WE HAVE A King of kings, and a LORD of lords, WE ARE MESSENGERS OF THE “GOOD NEWS” =GOSPEL OF GODS GRACE, MERCY, AND LOVE, FOR THE WORLD HE HAS CREATED AND MADE!!!! WE whom have and do believe in CHRIST JESUS AND HIS having been RAISED from the TOMB and HAS ASCENDED TO the FATHER IN HEAVEN TO REIGN ON the THRONE . HE HAS BEEN GIVEN ALL AUTHORITY IN HEAVEN and ON EARTH. WHY ELSE would there be a BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT GIVEN beginning with those FIRST APOSTELS IN ACTS.. ON THAT DAY OF PENTECOST??? HE WAS IN The BEGINNING with GOD THE FATHER. HOW DO WE AS CREATIONS OF OUR LORD GOD. DO NOT GET IT??? CHRIST IS RISEN AND HAS BEEN THE ONE FOR ALL SACRIFICE FOR MANKIND OR HE IS NOT.. JESUS WAS PROPHECIED IN ISAIAH, HE READ OF HIMSELF IN THE NEW TESTAMENT. and THIS DAY MANY HAVE TESTIFIED OF THIS GOSPEL EVER SINCE !!! THE HOLY SPIRIT SPEAKS FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD!! =GENERATIONS GENESIS 2;4:
    WE whom TESTIFY of these things UNDERSTAND that THE WORLDS HAVE been FRAMED BY the WORD OF GOD!
    It is by faith we live, FAITH IN WHAT AND WHOM??? WHAT HAS been GIVEN FROM the FOUNDATIONS OF THE WORLD.
    LIFE THE LORD HATH SAID IS IN THE BLOOD!!
    THINK ON ALL THE BLOOD THAT HAS BEEN SHED TO SAVE THE WORLD AND SET MEN FREE!!!!!
    FREEDOM FOR MANKIND HAS NEVER BEEN FREE!!! IT DID AND DOES COME AT A GREAT PRICE.. HAVING BEEN GIVEN BY THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD ONCE FOR ALL!!!!
    THIS BLOOD IS BETTER THEN THAT OF RAMS AND GOATS ANIMALS .. THE BLOOD OF THAT ONE WITHOUT SIN WAS AND IS BETTER THEN THIS OF ANIMALS THAT WAS DONE IN THE PAST…….
    WE AS CHRISTIANS CALL HIM LORD AND HIS NAME IS JESUS! THE CHRIST IS RISEN!!!!
    Hebrews 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Immorality is protected by the Constitution.

Suzanne, it seems like you are reading the koran the same way non-christians read the bible. christians and muslims worship the same god. Both books talk of very bad things (murder, rape, slavery, bigotry, and abuse to name a few) as well as nice things too.

Hi Shadrach, it looks like we are getting new people all the time. I was wondering if you could give some examples of the Koran talking against bigotry.

YES well the difference between CHRISTIANS and the believers in the GOSPEL HOLY BIBLE!!! we WANT PEACE FOR THE JEWISH PEOPLE CALLED ISRAELITES, AND PEACE IN ALL THE WORLD> BUT MAINLY IN THE MIDDLE EAST. WHERE IT ALL BEGAN. FOR US ALL!!!!!
    THE JEWS KEEP THE LAWS OF MOSES, YET SOME JEWISH PEOPLE ACCEPT THE GOSPEL BOOKS AS WE DO. UNDERSTANDING THAT JESUS CRIST HAS RISEN AND THIS THEN IS OUR ASSURANCE. THAT HIS KINGDOM AND HIS WORLD< AND HIS WORD WILL BE FOREVER AND EVER FOR WE DO AGREE THAT GOD IS THE SAME YESTERDAY TODAY AND TOMORROW. GENERATIONS COME AND GENERATIONS GO. BUT HIS TRUTH WILL LAST FOREVER. THE KORAN IS NOT A TEACHER OF THE RISEN CHRIST JESUS NOR DO THEY TEACH THEIR CHILDREN TO LOVE THE JEW> NO THEY TEACH THEIR CHILDREN THAT THE ISRALITES AND THE AMERICANS ALL THE WESTERN PART OF THE WORLD IS OPPOSITE FROM THEM AND ARE INFIDELS AND BEING WE ARE AMERICANS THAT ARE OF ALL PEOPLES NOT JUST EGYPTIAN OR JEWISH OR GREEKS> WE ARE NOT OF ISLAM SO THE JEWISH CALLED ISRAELITES AND THE AMERICANS THAT ARE OF ALL LANGUAGES COLORS AND NOT ISLAMIC MUSLUMS WE ARE NOT WORTHY TO BE ALIVE LET ALONE EXIST AS THE STATE OF ISRAEL EXISTS.
    A FREE PEOPLE BECAUSE GOD HAS GIVEN US THIS FREEDOM TO LIVE IN HIS TRUTH OF THE GOSPEL BOOKS > THAT WE TESTIFY OF > AND KNOW THAT CHRIST JESUS IS RISEN WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL MANKIND NOT JUST FOR THE PEOPLE THAT HATE THE JEWS AND AMERICANS. BUT WE THE ISRAELITES AND THE AMERICANS FIGHT FOR PEACE FOR ALL THOSE IN THE MIDDLE EAST EVEN THAT THOSE THAT HATE US would come to understand THE LORD GOD AS we have been MADE TO UNDERSTAND HIM AS HE WAS IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE.
    THE ISRAELITES WERE IN THE BEGINNING AND THEY SHALL BE FOR ALL ETERNITY AND ETERNITY with GOD ALMIGHTY IS NEVER ENDING . . AND UNLESS THE PEOPLE THAT HATE THE JEW AND THE AMERICANS WANT TO BRING AN END TO ALL THAT LIVE AND DESTROY THEMSELVES IN THE PROCESS OF DESTROYING ALL THE ISRALITES>> they too shall destroy themselves. IN THE END AND THIS THEN will then FULFILL ALL THE PROPHECY THAT has been written of believed by some but not believed by others. FOR when it comes to GOD”S WILL FOR HIS CREATION who do the PEOPLE OF ISRAEL and AMERICANS believe will win?? IT IS NOT MOHAMMAND< NOR BUDDAH< BUT OUR LORD AND SAVIOR WE CALL LORD the RISEN CHRIST JESUS> HE HAS ALREADY won the WAR IT IS THE HATRED OF SOME THAT CONTINUE FIGHTING A WAR they CANNOT WIN… MANY men have come before to destroy BOTH THE JEWISH PEOPLE OF ISRAEL> AND THE AMERICANS and GOD HAS ALWAYS WON THE BATTLE FOR ISRAEL!!!!!!!!! HE SHALL DO IT AGAIN>> AND AGAIN< AND AGAIN< AND AGAIN< YOU NOR NONE HAVE TO BELIEVE ME . READ HIS TRUTH OF WHO ISRAEL AND THE JEWISH PEOPLE ARE............ IF THEY ARE GUILTY OF MURDERING CHRIST JESUS SO ARE THE AMERICANS AND THE ISLAMIC MUSLIM PEOPLE OF THE EDOMITES> DESCENDANTS OF ESAU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT HAVE TRADED THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST FOR MOHAMMAND>
    MOHAMMAND MAY HAVE LIVED AND DIED> BUT MY LORD JESUS CHRIST ROSE AGAIN> AND LIVES IN THE HEARTS AND MINDS OF ALL OF US THAT HAVE AND DO BELIEVE IN THE GOSPEL WE CALL THE HOLY BIBLE. THE OLD, THE NEW, and THE BOOK OF REVELATION……….
    ALL TESTIMONY OF who WE AS AMERICANS AND THE JEWISH PEOPLE NATION OF ISRAEL ARE………….
    EVEN SOME MUSLIM ISLAMIC PEOPLE HAVE COME TO BELIEVE AND UNDERSTAND CHRIST JESUS AND THE GOSPEL THE HOLY BIBLE WRITTEN INSPIRED WORD GIVEN TO MANKIND HIS CREATION NOT MOHAMMANDS OR BUDDAHS. BUT THE ONE CALLED LORD OF lords KING of kings AND WE say as CHRISTIANS JESUS is LORD! CHRIST IN US. WE AS AMERICANS DO NOT HATE THE JEWISH PEOPLE. AND KNOW BETTER THEN TO HATE THEM. MANY APPARENTLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE WORD OF GOD HE HAS HAD WRITTEN FOR US ALL.
    YOU CANNOT MURDER THE SPIRIT OF GOD.
    YOU CAN MURDER ANY MAN OR WOMAN THAT HAS THE SPIRIT WITHIN THEM . BUT YOU CAN NEVER DESTROY HIS SPIRIT.
    FOR EVER AMERICAN THAT HAS SONS AND DAUGHTERS will have another standing up and proclaiming THE SAME GOSPEL WORD. and EVERY JEWISH MAN OR WOMAN HAS A SON AND DAUGHTER that will STAND UP AND PROCLAIM THE WORD OF THE LORD, THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN GIVEN TO THEM IN THE FIRST FIVE BOOKS BY MOSES.. ALL THE CHRISTIANS HAVE SONS AND DAUGHTERS THAT WILL STAND UP AND CLAIM THE WORD OF THE LORD GOSPEL FROM GENESIS -REVELATION 22;21:
    AND THE MUSLIMS OF THE ISLAMIC BELIEF OF HATRED TOWARD ALL THE INFIDELS OF THE WORLD When will they GIVE UP their HATRED TOWARD THEIR BROTHER JACOB. CALLED AND WRITTEN AS HAVING HIS NAME CHANGED TO ISRAEL . A DESCENDANT OF ISAAC AND YES SO WAS ESAU. YET GOD PROCLAIMED TO REBECAH THAT THE YOUNGER SON OF THE TWO WITHIN HER ESAU AND JACOB ESAU BEING THE OLDER WOULD BE RULED OVER BY THE YOUNGER. THIS HAS BEEN THE PATTERN EVER SINCE CAIN SLEW THE YOUNGER SON ABEL. THE OLDER LOST HIS RIGHT TO RULE. AND IT IS THE YOUNGER THAT WAS GIVEN RULE BEING REPLACED BY A THIRD SON CALLED SETH> THAT GAVE BIRTH TO ABRAHAM NOAH AND HIS SONS. AND GOD GAVE ABRAHAM THE NAME ABRAHAM. FATHER OF MANY NATIONS> AND IT WAS ISAAC NOT ISHMAEL THAT WAS THE PROMISED SEED!!!!!!!! AGAIN the YOUNGER SON RECIEVED BLESSINGS FROM GOD. SO DID ISHMAEL, GIVEN LAND. YET JOSEPH BEING A SON OF ISRAEL THAT WAS BEFORE BEING NAMED ISRAEL WAS CALLED JACOB A SON OF ISAAC THE YOUNGER OF THE TWINS IN REBCAHS WOMB. THEN JOSEPHS SONS, EPHRAIM AND MANASSEH ALSO THE YOUNGER BEING BLESSED OVER THE OLDER .
    THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY to THE FATHER. and IT IS THROUGH THE GOSPEL WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN.
    THAT OUR LORD GOD ALMIGHTY HAS GIVEN ALL HE HAD TO GIVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON WE CALL JESUS THE RISEN FROM DEATH AND DESTRUCTION OVERCOMER OF HADES AND DEATH AND SAVIOR OF THE WORLD WE DO PROCLAIM KNOW AND TESTIFY OF NOT ONLY BY OTHERS IN GENERATIONS PAST BUT TO THIS DAY AND IN GENERATIONS TO COME AFTER… HIS NAME JESUS CHRIST WILL BE PROCLAIMED FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER> BY ALL THAT HAVE LOVED GOD AND HAVE BELIEVED BY FAITH IN HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON> SALVATION COMES ONLY BY ONE LORD ONE FAITH AND ONE BAPTISM > AND JOHN PROPHECIED OF HIS BAPTISM ISAIAH PROPHECIED OF HIS COMING, AND HIS DEATH , AND WE PROCLAIM HIS RESURRECTION HAVING BELIEVED IN GENESIS 1;1: DETERONOMY 3O; 19:20: MALACHI 3;16: JOHN 3;16: MATTHEW, LUKE, JOHN, ALL the LETTERS OF PAUL, AND REVELATION written by the REVEALER REVELATOR of THE GOSPEL (GOOD NEWS) OF OUR LORD..
    THE JUDGMENT OF OUR LORD does COME TO US ALL .. AND WE ALL MUST and will GIVE AN ANSWER TO HIM SOME DAY.
    YET PAUL IS THE ONE THAT WROTE THAT WE ARE JUDGED DAILY, AND IT WAS WRITTEN BY GOD THAT WE WILL BE JUDGED BY EVERY IDLE WORD WE SPEAK.
    WELL YES WE ARE . DAILY JUDGED.
    YET I for one BELIEVE I AWAKEN EACH AND EVERY MORNING TO THE FEET OF MY LORD GOD WHOM HAS CREATED HEAVENS AND THE EARTH> and I KNOW SOMEDAY I will DIE AND THIS VISABLE WILL TURN TO DUST. YET MY SPIRIT SHALL LIVE IN THE HEARTS AND MINDS OF THE CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN I HAVE GIVEN LIFE TO> and IT is ONLY BY HIS GRACE MERCY AND LOVE THAT ANY OF US THAT HAVE BELIEVED KNOWN AND HEARD THE WORD OF GOD THAT CAN TESTIFY TO THE ONE LORD ONE FAITH AND ONE BAPTISM.
    ALSO knowing that WE WERE before and are now and will return FROM WHERE WE HAVE come from.

Personally I would nt vte for a HOMOSEXUAL whether a man or a woman IF I KNEW THEY were PRACTICING SAME SEX RELATIONS.
    HOMOSEXUALITY, PREGNACY OUT OF WEDLOCK, ABORTIONS WERE ALL HIDDEN by the FAMILIES THAT KNEW of such THINGS IN their FAMILIES. ONLY BECAUSE OF WHAT THE GOSPEL TEACHES US ABOUT THESE SINS, ABOMINATIONS TO OUR CREATOR LORD GOD ALMIGHTY.
    I DO UNDERSTAND and KNOW THAT HOMOSEXUALITY WAS TOLD OF IN THE HOLY BIBLE> IN THE OLD TESTAMENT WAS CONDEMNED AND CONSIDERED TO BE A SIN AN ABOMINATION AND ABOMNIBLE ACT AGAINST GOD.
    THERE ARE MANY SINS REVEALED TO US IN THE GOSPELS. and THIS IS why WE HAVE needed a SAVIOR THE SHED BLOOD ONCE FOR ALL OF GODS CREATED BEINGS MEANING MANKIND. THIS does not mean that we whom HAVE HEARD the word and know the TRUTH of HIS word that we should AGREE TO THESE ABOMNABLE ACTS THAT we already know are AGAINST GODS WAY.. HOMOSEXUAL ALITY WHETHER YOU CALL IT BEING GAY LESBIAN OR HOMOSEXUAL T STILL comes down to SAME SEX RELATIONS OF INTERCOURSE BETWEEN TWO MEN OR TWO WOMAN AND GOD DESTROYED A WHOLE CITY BECAUSE OF SUCH ABOMNIBALE ACTS> OF DEPRAVITY> FOR ANYONE TO THIS DAY TO BE TOLERANT OF SUCH IS ALSO BEING IN AGREEMENT WITH THE SIN OF THE ACT> AND JUST AS GUILTY ACCORDING TO ROMANS 1; DEPRAVED MINDS GOD HAS CALLED THEM.
    SO with this being said who in here has BORE FALSE witness against anyone in the last week. TOLD A LIE ABOUT anyone. or lied about anything THAT you already knew you were telling a lie. JUST TO protect yourself from JUDGMENT from someone or being judged by another namely a JUDGE SITTING ON A BENCH IN A COURT ROOM . OR TO SAVE YOURSELF from BEING FOUND GUILTY BY A JURY THAT would then cause a FINE. OR A JAIL SENTANCE of some sort.
    I have never as yet been in this kind of a court room . YET I WOULD NOT admit to something I was not GUILTY OF IN ONE EITHER. GUILTY OF MANY THINGS during my lifetime. BUT being GUILTY OF SAME SEXUAL INTERCOURSE AND ABORTION and OUT OF WEDLOCK PREGNACY is not something I can be found GUILTY OF. IF I WERE.. THEN I would have to admit my guilt and not again be found guilty again of the same thing.
    TO LEARN what OUR SINFULNESS IS is A CHANCE TO CORRECT IT AND TURN FROM IT.
    HOW MANY OF US CAN TURN FROM ALL SIN AND NEVER SIN AGAIN AS LONG AS WE LIVE. NONE!!!!!!!! FOR we all SLIP AND FALL YET FORGIVENESS IS OURS . AS INDIVIDUALS.
    AND ALL BECAUSE OF THE SHED BLOOD THAT WAS SHED ONCE FOR US ALL…
    SO CAN I WILLFULLY AND ON PURPOSE VOTE FOR A HOMOSEXUAL TO HAVE A SEAT IN OUR GOVERNMENT > NO NOT IN ALL GOOD CONSCIENCE I CANNOT. AND I HAVE A RIGHT TO VOTE AND BECAUSE I HAVE THAT RIGHT!!!!!!!! I ALSO HAVE A RIGHT TO SAY WHAT I THINK ABOUT THIS THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN PROVEN IN TWO PLACES IN THE GOSPEL TO BE AN ABOMNIBLE ACT AGAINST GOD OUR CREATOR> THAT IS THE CREATOR OF ALL THAT HAS BEEN IS AND WILL BE FOREVER> I WILL never agree to SAME SEX MARRIAGES< UNIONS< OR THE SEXUAL INTERCOURSE BETWEEN TWO WOMAN OR TWO MEN. NEITHER WILL I EVER AGREE WITH EUTHINASIA< NOR ABORTION> . OF A LIVING HUMAN BEING IN THE WOMB OR OUT OF IT> MURDER IS WRONG> AND MURDER IS WILLFULLY TAKING ANOTHER HUMAN BEINGS LIFE> PREMEDITATED AND DONE OUT OF HATRED OF ANOTHER HUMAN BEING>
    I DO NOT HATE MUSLIMS NOR DO I HATE HOMOSEXUALS> Nor Dr.'s That DO ABORTIONS or Someone as a DR. KERVORKIAN. THAT just has been RELEASED for His PUTTING TO DEATH some . BECAUSE THIOS SAME ONES thought they HAD A RIGHT TO TAKE their OWN LIFE. DO I believe in SUICIDE?? NO . YET PEOPLE commit SUICIDE THIS DAY IN THE name OF THEIR GOD. what GOD do they worship that would tell them to SEND their SONS OUT TO STRAP A BOMB ON THEMSELVES to MURDER ANOTHER OF their FELLOWMAN CALLED A JEW??? OR AN AMERICAN????
    DO not be to quick to call me a SELFRIGHTEOUS JESUS CHRIST GOSPELHOLY BIBLE GODPERSON. YOU WOULD BE JUDGING ME WRONGLY TO BEGIN WITH. BECAUSE I AM NOT SELFRIGHTEOUS. and I AM FAR from being without my own sin. I JUST HAPPEN TO know what is RIGHT and wrong about ME and OTHERS for the most part . and I AM WILLING TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY OWN SINFUL DEEDS> AND FACE UP TO being a SINNER I ALSO know IN WHOM I HAVE believed. DO believe and will believe. IT IS CALLED FAITH IN WHAT I HAVE KNOWN . IT COMES DOWN TO THE GOSPEL.
    THERE HAD TO be a MAN TO RECORD the WORDS; IN THE BEGINNING GOD CREATED THE HEAVENS I CAN LOOKN UP AND SEE THE CLOYDS BY DAY WITH KNOWING THE SUN IS SHINEING SOMEPLACE EACH AND EVERY DAY. SEE THE NEVER ENDING SPACE OF THE DARKNESS THAT IS LIT UP WITH STARS AND A MOON SOMEPLACE EACH DAY.
    TO DENY THE WRITTEN WORD GIVEN TO US would be to deny MY HERITAGE MY PARENTS and the very life I have been given.
    I have a brother that also KNOWS I am right to believe as I do. FOR HE has the same GRANDFATHERS and GREAT GRANDFATHERS I HAVE. I also have TWO CHILDREN that KNOW that THESE WERE and HAVE been Given life also. THIS then is MY TESTIMONY. and only a few know the TRUTH of what I have testified of and to.
    THERE are many and some that would not like what I testify to and of but this too is ok. FOR when all is said and done and I am gone. MY CHILDREN , MY BROTHERS CHILDREN, and OUR GRANDCHILDREN and THERS TOO shall still be here to LIVE AND PROCLAIM the TRUTH OF THIS GOSPEL word HOLY WRITTEN word of GOD. THE storms of war will yet rage INBETWEEN PEACE and TRIUMPH. YET THE TRUTH CAN ONLY BE TRUE when it is REVEALED TO US BY HIS HOLY SPIRIT.
    HAS IT BEEN ALREADY WRITTEN. ABOUT THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT? OR have you not EVEN HEARD of this BAPTISM .
    MANY HAVE. and RECIEVED .
    What the SON SETS FREE are FREE indeed
    THANKS BE TO GOD and ALL GLORY be HIS.
    this this JOURNEY………. IS far from being over …..

Don't forget THE CONGRSSMAN BARNY FRANKS was A HOMOSEXUAL someone VOTED for HIM> HUH??? all those that EITHER did not know HE WAS GAY and found out later or THEY DID NOT CARE THAT HE COULD THEN RALLY for all HOMOSEXUAL LAWS t be passed after all HE WAS ONE RIGHT?? YUP and BIRDS OF A FEATHER AS the SAYING GOES.

hello Pet, i can not bring up any single verse of the koran spreading love and peace but from the little i read (a few years ago) there were some very nice parts to it. i dont agree with it or the bible, i dont believe in any religious doctrine. i see how society has established a list of rules and laws for everyone to live by and this list come from our (societies) moral foundation as human beings who enjoy peace and the pursuit of happiness.
    thanks for the welcome, this seems like a nice forum for some good debates and discussions.
    does Suzanna always yell when she writes? i only get a few words into her text then i scroll down to the next post.

Being gay is not an insight to knowing if someone is bad or good, it just lets you know what kind of people they like to sleep with.
    there have been many straight people elected into federal office who have done bad things, does this evidence sway you to think that ALL straight people are bad now?
    “birds of a feather…” thats an awful saying to place on anyone. you wouldnt like it if i pointed out that some christians have killed innocent people, and lumped you into that group, would you?

Might as well WE ALL HAVE sinned and to deny this is to deny the gospel and deny we needed to be saved BY HIS shed blood in the beginning .
    AS for agreeing with sin no I do not like to sin neither do I like TO SLEEP with another female MEANING BEING A SEXUAL PARTNER WITH . sorry but I believe GOD did not make me TO HAVE SEX with WOMAN> I believe that is why WE AS MWOMAN WERE MADE FROM MAN TO be A MATE AND SEXUAL PARTNER WIFE OF ONE MAN IN MARRIAGE. HAVING SEXUAL RELATIONS AND MULTIPLYIG THE EARTH with CHILDREN I HAVE TWO. and THREE GRANDCHILDREN. DID NOT HAVE Them without HAVING SEX WITH MY HUSBAND > I am positive I would not have them if I had not had MY HUSBAND AND been MARRIED TO A WOMAN AND HAD SEX with HER> JUST does not work this way.

I deny the gospel and the need to be saved.
    Don’t you think it’s a tiny bit presumptuous to say you might know what god wants? I know the bible says some things promoting your argument, but it also says some things that would promote issues which I KNOW you disagree with.
    If you believe the bible is the word of god, how do you get to pick and choose which parts of the bible to follow and which parts you get to ignore?