protest gay-marriage ban

Written by Christianity and the Confusion on November 9th, 2008

Submitted by Carolyn Goin

What am I happy about this election? Not a whole heck of a lot. There were some good things, believe it or not. I don't want to be mean, but this shouldn't even had to be voted on.

Thousands in L.A. protest gay-marriage ban

Questions arise over 18,000 same-sex marriages already performed in Calif.

Image: Gay-marriage supporters

LOS ANGELES – Outside the gates of a Mormon temple, Kai Cross joined more than 2,000 gay-rights advocates in a chorus of criticism of the church's role in a new statewide ban on same-sex marriage.

Once a devout Mormon who graduated from Brigham Young University, the 41-year-old Cross was disowned by his family and his church after he was outed as a gay man in 2001.

“They are on the losing side of history,” Cross said Thursday of the church's opposition to gay marriage. Cross and other protesters blame leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for encouraging Mormons to funnel millions of dollars into television ads and mailings in favor of Proposition 8.   Read more

In my opinion this was a good out come. America's morals have fallen so far that to allow gays to marry will seal our fate.

Please post your comments on our message boards.

I feel sorry for those people, I know that it hurts them, but homosexuality is wrong and if we as a nation condone it, we'll be just as guilty. I think that by having laws against gay marriage that will be like a stop sign. It kind of says to gays that they have made the wrong choices. Some people make bad choices and some times they don't even know that they are wrong. That's where we come in, we have to be responsible as a nation to say no to sinful actions. We have laws against murder and stealing, so why shouldn't we have laws against homosexuality?

Live and let live?
    That sounds like you don't think that we should do anything if someone else is doing something wrong. Maybe you think that there shouldn't be any laws against murder or rape, after all we should just live and let live. If something is wrong we have to stop it or we are just as guilty.

I‘m still proud of the Republican Party

There have been gays almost as far back as there has been human beings, so how are you going to outlaw it? Why not just live and let live? You should worry about your life and let them worry about their lives. I don't think that any gay person is looking for our permission to be gay.testking 650-575 | testking E20-361 | testking 000-433

we should do something if someone else is doing something wrong. we should we have laws against homosexuality?

what is wrong with being homosexual? what is wrong with same sex loving? I am a straight woman but I don't understand why most people couldn't accept the fact that the world is not just for us straight persons. the Church is too busy creating a a big fuss almost in everything. adult toys , same sex marriage, contraceptives etc. etc. when they will learn how to shut things up??

Yeah, there's been gays for a long time, but there has also been murder all the way back to Cain and Able, does that make it right?

I believe that it is homophobia and not homosexuality that is a sin,” said the Rev. Wedding online | Ideas For Wedding Places | Best wedding locations Mike Morran, minister of the First Unitarian Society of Denver.

as gay or homosexual patients who would denounce. homosexual disease is gay or not. transphobia actual disease.thnk you for sharing. travesti