Free Fire Zone ~ August and September 09

Written by Christianity and the Confusion on August 1st, 2009

This is the Free Fire Zone message board for August and September. The previous FFZs can be found by using the search engine located below the Google/dictionary box, by doing a search of “Free Fire Zone” you will be able to see all previous ones.  Feel free to reply to any post there or restart the thread here.

This message board is for posting what ever you like. If you notice that some pages are missing try looking in the Archives. Some may find this page useful when their regular boards are not working. Here all are welcome, after registering you will be able to post. To start a new thread click on the Post a comment you can gave that thread a title by replacing the Free Fire Zone with your title. Enjoy this board and remember no personal insults.

One President leaves office and a new one enters. This was when the new First Lady announced to the press that this White House would be more cultured and exercise more class as they were not opposed to serving alcohol. This was directed at the former President who was a non-drinker. The new President offended the supporters of the former by drinking. Here is my questions to you, how do you feel about the statement of the First Lady? Which President's character is more appealing to you?

I have just one question to ask because liberals bashed the devil out of President Bush for being a recovering alcoholic, just what type of example is it to kids (teenagers) to see the President drinking beer? Teens look up to him – for the life of me I don't know why, but they do – and they probably will try to copy his behavior.

Last I looked there isn't anything in the Bible against Beer. Having one or two beers isn't a sin and correct me if I'm wrong, but Jesus was known to drink and even made wine once. If that is all so, why are people like Rush Limbaugh – a drink addict – attacking the President?

What is next? Smoking a joint with the hipsters? I guess that we'll have to wait a few years before we can have a moral White House again.

Besides sounding extremely racist, all the hate oozing out of the right is uncalled for. The only thing that the President has done that to the Republican Party, the only thing that they are upset about is that the President beat them! The right just can't stand it that they lost by a landslide, but that's what happened and you guys just need to learn to live with it.

What did I say that sounded racist? I have just one thing to say about that landslide victory by the Dems, if Obama used a fake Birth certificate what makes anyone think that all the people who voted for him were legally entitled to vote? I think drinking on the job should be cause for firing him. I mean, come on… if you or I had been caught drinking on our jobs they would have fired us so fast and you know that.

Only a twisted mind like Obama's could call a 247,000 jobs in July a sign of good times. Oh but it's less than they thought they would lose, so that means the Obama economy is doing good? I hate the hypocrisy of the Democrat Party, if President Bush had said something like this, the liberal media would have been all over him! “He's an idiot! A moron!” You know that's what they would have said if President Bush had said that, but Obama gets a free pass, why?

U.S. employers shed 247,000 jobs in July, the Labour Department said on Friday, the least in any month since last August, taking the unemployment rate down to 9.4 percent from June's 9.5 percent.

Here's a video to go with my post.

May, I know that you're fairly new here and I'm trying to be understanding, but President Obama hasn't harmed the country in any way- That's something that the Republicans can't say about what they did over the last 8 years. You know it's just time to down all the hate and bitter feelings and act like a real American, face the fact Barack Obama is the President and unless you guys can find someone better in 4 years, he'll serve two terms. So, just get over it. Oh and President Obama wasn't on duty when he had a beer, not on the job.

I don't know who posted this, but crazies is right! What is with some and I say some not all Republicans? Acorn is a very good organization which is only trying to help the less fortunate to vote. Why does the right think that is something bad? Hey, another thing is the people who had filled that meeting first weren't from Acorn, so why throw the name around like it was an insult? Aren't most of these town halls first come first serve? So, these Republican lobbyists weren't able to shut down that meeting, my heart really bleeds for them. Why do so many on the right think that only their opinions should be heard?
    This shows that the recession that President Obama inherited from the Republicans is slowing down. Yeah, people are still losing jobs and that is a terrible thing; too bad that Republicans caused this with their greed!

During the Great Depression FDR created work programs which was part of the solution to that economic crisis. This might just be what we need now, a jobs program could be the answer to all of our prayers. What we need as Nation is enough jobs to meet the needs of the working public, enough money in circulation to stimulate the retail market and a large enough taxable base to keep the tax burden on us all low.

Think about this; we could put everyone between the ages of eighteen and twenty-five into a government jobs program. This would shrink the labor pool which would increase the wage leave of the American worker and thus increase the size of the middle class. That would have the side affect of increasing the tax revenue and reduce the National debt, which would stimulate the economy even more.

This would be a benefit to our young people as working for the government would teach them good work ethics. It would give them skills and training to do a whole host of jobs. The government could teach them to become engineers, nurses, mechanics and so on. They could do many of the tasks that the Country so desperately needs done. So, what would be wrong with a government jobs program?

Personally, I think that the second world war had more to do with getting us out of the Great Depression. When it comes to government programs I just get cold chills. I would rather have the private sector provide those jobs, even if the government has to give them tax credits to do it. I just worry that the government is getting too big and too far into debt.

Why does the Democrat Party think that they can tax and spend their way out of everything? I don't want my taxes going for a socialize government program. It's just plain unconstitutional!!!

How many time do I have to tell you that there isn't anything known as the Democrat Party? That name was made to be an insult to anyone in the Democratic Party.
    What do you mean by your taxes? What about my taxes? Can I say how they are spent?

That was great, I don't see why Republicans are being so silly.

This video is a spoof on the Birthers with a touch of humor, we offer a political message.

Demo at Karl Rove event at Goucher College, 09-16-09
    IndictBushNow supporters protest Karl Rove
    Goucher College in Baltimore, Md., Sept. 16
    Wherever Bush-era criminals go
    the IndictBushNow movement is there!
    Please make a donation to help us pay the many expenses, including printing of leaflets, posters, newspaper ads and more.

Karl Rove, also known as Bush’s Brain, had a difficult time getting started at his latest speaking engagement at Goucher College in Baltimore, Md. The anger of the people could not be easily contained.

IndictBushNow volunteers and other outraged people loudly condemned Rove as a criminal who should stand trial rather than become immensely rich from obscenely huge speaking fees that he is receiving from universities and colleges around the country: $40,000 for 20-minute talks. As a University of Iowa student put it, “Who said that crime and treason don’t pay?”

Let's make sure Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Rove receive this kind of reception everywhere they travel.

In this short video spoke out to demand justice and accountability.

The IndictBushNow movement is combining many avenues to build this movement. Protests like the one at Goucher, newspaper ads, media outreach, lobbying, mass leafleting,  postering and phonebanking.

Last week, tens of thousands of letters, emails, phone calls and faxes were received by the University of Wyoming to protest the outrageous decision to “sell” the name of the new International Relations Center to Dick Cheney, naming the building after him. Cheney is racing to rebuild legitimacy because he fears that the prosecution trail will lead back, as it must, to his office.

All the volunteers who are working so hard should feel proud because it is the effort of this grassroots movement that has forced the appointment of a Special Prosecutor to look into Bush-era crimes. Now we cannot rest until the top criminals are indicted and prosecuted.

Hi Frank,
    I so wish that they would prosecute all the criminals of the last administration, but I won't hold my breath. This is my only disappointment with President Obama.

Marty, that was too funny. You should make this one of the articles that will stay up after another FFZ is started. I think that I've met a few Hillbilly Bobs.

I will never understand how those people who scream the loudest against Big Government have no problem with a government big enough to invade the private lives of the American People. Some in the Republican Party are so extreme that they want birth control illegal for even married people. This is an email that I received from NARAL.

Anti-choice Virginia gubernatorial candidate, Bob McDonnell, has opposed birth control — even for married couples — and states that “homosexuality and abortion…are both cause and effect of family breakdown.” 1

Just weeks ago, anti-choice McDonnell had a double-digit lead in the polls that has since dropped to four points according to one poll and two points in another. 2

Most importantly, three of every 10 likely Virginia voters are still undecided. 3

That’s probably why the Republican National Committee recently poured over $7 million into this race to defeat pro-choice candidate Creigh Deeds! …

Virginia voters deserve to know the truth about Bob McDonnell – a candidate who doesn’t believe in birth control for married couples.

1 “The Republican Party’s Vision for Family: The Compelling Issue of the Decade.” Robert McDonnell. Regent University. 1989

2 “Deeds Shows Big Gains In Va. Poll,” The Washington Post, September 20, 2009

3 “Deeds Goes on the Offensive,” DailyProgress.com. September 22, 2009

My God, if you are really opposed to abortion then you should be 100% in support of birth control. Just saying no doesn't always work and it is better to prevent pregnancy and then no one will need to get an abortion. Seems simple to me!

Yes, that was so funny, I just wish that there weren't really people like that. I've just talked to too many right-wingers who get all their info from Foxnews and liars like Limbaugh.

They don't have anything else, the video is right about the crazy talk and it needs to stop!

The competition from the 'Public Option' is imperative. Congress may dictate operational conditions to the insurance companies and this will tend to reduce their profits. However there is no control on raising premiums. This they will do so extensively aided by the economic push due to the demand of 40+ million new contracts. Adding to the public’s agony, they will increase the deductible and increase the co-pay! The profits of the insurance companies will multiply, giving more power and influence to the very companies who are the cause of our aggravating health care problem.
    Either we pay taxes for the program or pay insurance companies premiums. Elect to pay no taxes, fine. The premiums will be far, far higher than the taxes!

That is right, I would rather pay taxes to my government than to an insurance company. If the government isn't doing it's job I can usually get my Congressman or Senator to fix the problem, but have you ever tried to get a corporation to help you out of their good will?

Well, it looks like the Democrat plan for the public option or better known as Government run health care is dead! So what will the Democrat party try next?

What has happen to the civil tone that this blog has always had? Blondie, why are you being so insulting? You know that it is the Democratic Party and dear you are just as wrong about the public option being dead!

This might just be what we need now, a jobs program could be the answer to all of our prayers. What we need as Nation is enough jobs to meet the needs of the working public, enough money in circulation to stimulate the retail market and a large enough taxable base 000-973 exam to keep the tax burden on us all low. Think about this; we could put everyone between the ages of eighteen and twenty-five into a government jobs program. This would shrink the labor pool which would increase the wage leave of the American worker and thus increase EC0-350 exam the size of the middle class. That would have the side affect of increasing the tax revenue and reduce the National debt, which would stimulate the economy even more. This would be a benefit to our young people as working for the government would teach them good work ethics. It would give them skills and training to do a 642-873 exam host of jobs. The government could teach them to become engineers, nurses, mechanics and so on. They could do many of the tasks that the Country.