Greed Is Not Good

Written by Christianity and the Confusion on October 30th, 2009

Author: Marty Martorella

For years the Republican Party has been described as the party of the rich, by the rich and for the rich. This has angered those Republicans who are anything but wealthy and rightly complain that such comments wrongly exclude the Democratic Party. All anyone need to is look at how both parties’ conventions were paid for by corporate donors. The truth is that where everything that the Republican Party does is to the benefit of the rich and a good portion of the Democratic Party are just as bad. There are then those Progressive in the Democratic Party who do fight for the little guy, but sadly the Corporatists out number them in Congress. This video is a look at the economic element of greed within Capitalism from a Christian point of view.

I think that we won't see much real change until we have real campaign reform. I don't care what party the politicians are in, if they need large amounts of money to run we will have to turn to big rich corporations and then those corporations will own the politicians.

That's true but there are some that get into politics just to make money. Conservatives price riches over everything and don't care who suffers so that they can feed their greed.

You said it, Righties are always whining about the government when it regulates their businesses, they hate minimum wage laws and think that they should be able to pay what ever they like. They don't care if their employees can afford food and shelter. Remember that it was the Conservatives who fought to keep slavery and Liberals who fought to end it.

Rick, where you been?

All that you said Rick is true, but there is more to this as Christ said to avoid all forms of greed. We all find ourselves wanting more and the same question that we would ask the rich needs to be asked of ourselves, when do we have enough? Some times we cannot control what is wrong with others, but we can control what is wrong with ourselves. I like most people see the new expensive cars and want one, I think of how nice it would be to travel the world without any monetary worries and I find myself wanting more. I find peace in just being thankful for what the good Lord has provided and trusting that He will meet all of my needs. That is until my next round of wanting more and the battle starts all over again.

What do you mean that Conservatives fought to keep slavery? It was Democrats who did that and Republicans who freed those people!

Thank you for asking Jess, like a lot of people I had lost my job and had to cut back on everything. Thanks to God and His President, Barack Obama I am now working.

But Marty, it so much easier to look at the faults of other people. I mean, who wants to look at their own faults? It so much more fun to talk about these greedy Bankers than to talk about me wanting a new dress. But you're right, just because some rich guy is on the road to Hell is no reason for me to join him. Just one thing, you're not saying that we nothing about the greedy stealing from us are you? Because, I just don't believe in lying down and taking it.

Are you telling me that you don't know that those Southern Democrats were Conservatives and that Lincoln was a Liberal?

I don't think that he is,but it's hard to fight that much money and power. I think that we'll get Signal payer one day, but not until there's been a long hard fight. We have to fight for justice, but we can't be like the right thinking that the ends justify the means.

That's the type of talk that makes Republican brains exposed,

Well, I'm glad that you're back and working.

Wow Marty, I thought that I was going to disagree with you as usual, I was sure you about to trash Capitalism, but you hit on what is wrong with all economic systems and governments, selfishness. Some of your fellow Liberals want to throw out Capitalism and I guess start over, but whatever they would create would have the same problems so long as selfish people were involved. One thing, slavery was around long before Capitalism or Adam Smith came along.

That doesn't change the fact that uncontrolled Capitalism enslaved a whole race. It was greed and selfishness, which is a so at the heart of Conservatives resisting any regulations on Capitalism.

W was one of the best presidents an 1z0-052 dump d time will vindicate him. All I heard from JV was how “Bush was the worst this or that, but no reason for his opinion. Don't forget that he uses to make his living by deceiving gullible people and it looks like he's doing the same thing again. Who is he to attack the President of the Vice President? I think that they did a pretty good job at keeping us safe for 7 years. Remember that no America has been 1z0-031 dumps attacked during that time. Yeah, the economy is in bad shape just like it was left to President Bush by Billy Clinton. And it's only because they had to fight this war on terror that has stopped them from gettin exam 70-290 g the economy going. Just remember that Obama isn't going to do any better, but that's okay because Jeb Bush will be the next President and he'll fix it all.exam 70-270