Government Priorities

Written by Marty on April 4th, 2005

Many feel that the government has the wrong priorities, so what do you think? What should be the priorities for running the Nation? The poll only deals with the first question; you will have to write in what the priorities should be.

Marty, love the cartoon and it says a lot. Why was there so much focus on Terri Schiavo and not the thousands of Americans that are in the same situation without insurance? Why is Bush looking at Social Security which is in great shape and not looking at Medicare which is not? For me at my age it is the economy, jobs that don't pay enough and the cost of living going out of sight.

Hi Jess,

Yes I agree, Mr. Bush has some very big priority problems. It makes you wonder what is wrong with the man! Nice picture, here is one of mine.

Cool

Yeah the cartoons are cute, but the gas one is truer than you know. If Bush gets his way Social Security won't be worth a tank of gas.

I'm afaid that he will destroy the whole Country.

The question is a little sweeping in generalities. I like seeing my tax dollars going to the military, but I don

I see it just the opposite.

Come on Pet, “Welfare Queens?” Sorry but I think this is the flag that you are flying.

BSflag

No BS Jess! Just look at how much of the budget goes to these programs, something like 50%!

Without going into all the aspects of the Federal budget we can see that the entitlement portion is 55% of it. The only problem is that only 10% of the entitlements or 5.5% of the budget goes to the poor. As to Welfare, only 1.5% of the budget goes to women with dependent children. Most of this information can be found in the book

The Complete US Federal Budget – 2006

The US Federal Budget, in surplus only a few years ago, has dropped dramatically back into deficit. Recent budget deficits have broken all previous records.

Federal Deficits and Surpluses

love the cartoon and it says a lot. Why was there so much focus on Terri Schiavo and not the thousands of Americans that are in the same situation without insurance? Why is Bush looking at Social Security which is in great shape and not looking at Medicare which is not? For me at my age it is the economy, jobs that don't pay enough and the cost of living going out of sight. testking 642-504 | testking 642-873 | testking 640-801