An American President

Written by Christianity and the Confusion on November 28th, 2006

Author: Marty Martorella

I found this video clip which is a bit humorous, I might think that everyone would get a chuckle out of it. What I found myself thinking about as I watched it was how divided the country has become. There are those on the fringes who seem to see America as either a Conservative or Liberal State rather than a Country that welcomes all. It is time that we stop seeing ourselves as Republican or Democrat, Liberal or Conservative and start seeing ourselves as Americans. Americans who can talk about the issues with those they disagree with, taking the good ideas from the left and the right. I titled this An American President because of the hate that the right employed in their bashing of President Clinton. Such hate is destroying the Nation; it is tearing us apart and prevents us from seeing the humanity of those on the other side of the political equation. I ask those on the right to watch this and tell us about the good that they saw in President Clinton and I would ask those on the left if they could see the same type of clip of Mr. Bush would they be able to put aside their bias to see the humanity of the man.

I remember seeing this clip years ago, and as I thought then, It really showed the humanity and approachable of this man. One gets the feeling that this man woke up every morning to be utterly amazed and thrilled to find himself being President of the United States.
    As much as I would like to believe that President Bush could pull off this same act, I think it would come off too much as an act. President Bush tries to play the every man, but it's not him. He's too much the blue blood to be cool.

I thought that the clip was in real good taste with Clinton being able to make fun of himself. I just wonder if Bush could do that, it would be taking himself less seriously for a moment. You know I think that if he was to lock Rove and Cheney in the closet he would be able to do it.

President Bush is more down to earth than Clinton ever was. Clinton always sounded like he thought that he was smarter that everyone else. But that's only my opinion and it's still a good video.

A key to being down to earth or being a people’s man is being able to laugh at yourself. I think that George W is too proud and arrogant to do that. Bill Clinton was the great communicator because he saw himself equal to everyone else where Bush is the great bungler because he sees himself as being above everyone else.

I had to copy and paste your post to word to be able to see it clearly. For some reason one line was overlapping another. To be honest I do not think his supporters would accept him mocking what they want to believe it. They cannot accept the failure of the Neo-Con cult.

by Tammy Gianneschi

A key to being down to earth or being a people's man is being able to laugh at yourself. I think that George W is too proud and arrogant to do that. Bill Clinton was the great communicator because he saw himself equal to everyone else where Bush is the great bungler because he sees himself as being above everyone else.

There are those on the fringes who seem to see America as either a Conservative or Liberal State rather than a Country that welcomes all. It is time that we stop seeing ourselves as Republican or Democrat, Liberal or Conservative and start 000-730 exam seeing ourselves as Americans. Americans who can talk about the issues with those they disagree with, taking the good ideas from the left and the right. I titled this An American President JN0-400 exam because of the hate that the right employed in their bashing of President Clinton. Such hate is destroying the Nation; it is tearing us apart and prevents us from seeing the humanity of those on the other side of the political JN0-562 exam equation. I ask those on the right to watch this and tell us about the good that they saw in President Clinton