Being A Real Christian

Written by Christianity and the Confusion on May 22nd, 2008

Author: Marty Martorella

There has always been those who lack confidence in their own faith and strive to boost themselves by casing doubts on the faith of others. This type of person will revile those they disagree with and denounce the Christianity of those people in the most un-Christian manner. This election has already brought this type of people out to the shame of all Christians.

It is not enough that they attack the Christianity of a certain candidate; they must go the next step and denounce the Christianity of anyone who supports that candidate. I have resisted the temptation to question Mr. Bush's faith for the last seven years. Whether the man is a Christian is for the Lord alone to say as it is possible for someone to not be walking as he should and still be a Christian. Sadly, many on the right refuse to afford us on the left the same courtesy.

Recently the news has come out that Senator Kennedy has been diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor. This has brought out some of the most disgusting comments which do not bear repeating. These people who claim to be Christians should consider the words of Jesus.

You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.'  “But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

“For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? “If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?  Matthew 5:43-48 (New American Standard Bible)

There are two points to ponder; one is that we can have diversely different opinions without being enemies and when we see someone as an enemy we are instructed by Christ to love that person. In the case of Senator Kennedy all Christians should be praying for him. To make such evil comments as what has been projected from the right show a real lack of understanding of what it means to be a Christian. These people should consider acting more like the Lord they claim to follow.

I'm no fan of Kennedy but I don't really think that anyone is jumping for joy over it. I do like that you respect the Christianity of the President.

Maybe some posters said things about Snow, but there wasn't any liberal on TV or the radio who said the type of things about Snow that people like Limbaugh, Savage and others have been saying about Kennedy. A friend posted this;

Can you F-E-E-E-E-L the righty love?
    Thank you! I am sick of the boohooing for this person. Look at all the damage he has done.
    conservative talk show host Michael Savage. As a form of “respect” to Kennedy on his syndicated talk show Tuesday, Savage played The Dead Kennedy's “California Uber Alles” – get it? Ho ho, the wit! Oh, and he dropped in a couple of “Kindergarten Cop” sound clips of the Arnold Schwarzenegger character saying, “It's not a tumor.”
    A brain tumor for a drunk driving murderer? Good for him.
    It was good radio Savage, thanks for the laughs!
    Well if Karma never forgets then old Ted is in for a world of hurt upon his eventual demise.
    Well said. I cannot find it in my heart to eulogize Ted Kennedy. I do not wish ill health on anyone; but refuse to take the time to pay fake homage to Ted Kennedy. There is nothing positive the man did that outweighed his evil narcissistic life.
    The RATs will trot out the old SOB at the convention to get a sympathy vote. They'll milk him as long as they can. Kennedy has no redeeming qualities. I actively wish him no ill. But I care nothing about his fate.

Im gonna get hammered for this, but
    I just dont feel an ounce of sympathy for this man. Even if I belived in something to pray to, Im not sure i could muster the energy to do so. Perhaps that makes me a monster, butso be it.
    I just cant do it. Sorry.
    When Ted crosses over, Im sure he will be welcomed by the millions of Cambodians, Laotians, and Vietnamese who died because of his wretched policies. He has been the worse Senator of the 20th century and perhaps the most destructive political force in the history of the country.
    is there any irony in knowing that the tumor is in the left side of his brain?
    I just didnt think a tumor could live in that much alcohol. I dont have much sympathy for him. Hes used every power and every opportunity to throw this country off the cliff. Goodbye Ted..

Savage

Michael Savage plays Dead Kennedys song “in some respect for” Sen. Kennedy
    On the day it was announced that Sen. Ted Kennedy had been diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor, nationally syndicated radio host Michael Savage opened his show by interspersing audio of Kennedy singing “Ay Jalisco No Te Rajes” with clips of news reporters discussing Kennedy's diagnosis and audio from Kindergarten Cop in which Arnold Schwarzenegger's character says, “It's not a tumor.” Later, Savage played the Dead Kennedys song “California Über Alles.” Read more

Savage plays Dead Kennedys song again after asserting he “is now being persecuted for refusing to take the party line” on Sen. Kennedy's illness

It is very easy to be happy when something bad happens to someone we do not like or has been cruel to us, but as Christians we must reject that temptation. Jesus told us to love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us; sometimes we forget that Christianity is all about love. There are those who would manipulate people into hating but in doing so they are serving the devil. Remember these words:

1 John 4:7-8
    Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
    1 Corinthians 13: 4-7
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Off topic again First,, as for Ted Kennedy's Health problems. Anyone that does not sympathize with the family of this man and also have sympathy for His heath Issue with a Dreaded and almost a sureity of a possible death because of this Cancer that will effect him in ways none of us would wish on anyone not even an enemy is below the lowest I have to say.. and it really then again points out the wicked and evil that is in the world and walks among people on the planet called earth that DID OUR LORD CREATE OR did MANKIND CREATE the HEAVENS and the PLACE CALLED EARTH that men and woman called mankind LIVE ON?
    DO I HATE TED J KENNEDY absolutely not. I may not agree with many things He has done But I would not have wished for him or anyone to have this diagnosis SO MY sympathies go out to Him His Familie and I DO PRAY THAT GOD HEAL HIM FROM THIS TUMOR and that HE ALLOWS HIM TO RETURN TO HIS WORK IN THE SENATE.. IN JESUS NAME I DO ASK IT OF OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN amen . anyone that would like to join me in this by saying amen IN JESUS NAME???
    Now why I am in here and making this post at all .. MARTY below I copied and pasted the Scripture from the New Testament from whatever Bible you quoted it from. Below your posted Scripture I have quoted what the Bible I have has written being a Translation from the Original Tongueand with the former translations diligently compared and revised meaning the text conformable to that of the edition of 1611 commonly known as the authorized King James Version. not the NEW KJV no the original King James Virgin of the year 1611
    1 John 4:7-8
    Verse 7 Little children, let no man decieve you:he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
    8: He that committeth sinis of the devil;for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
    To read the verses before and after these. In this version points out very clearly OUR ONLY RIGHTEOUSNESS is ONLY FOUND IN the ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD whom all CHRISTIANITY AND ALL CHRISTIANS BELIEVE IS IN CHRIST JESUS this being the NAME ALL CHRISTIANITY AND CHRISTIANS believe we are to BELIEVE IN CONFESS and THOU SHALT BE SAVED HAVE SALVATION … POINT is THERE IS NO OTHER NAME THAT MANKIND MEN OR WOMAN CAN BE SAVED HAVE SALVATION IN THROUGH OR BY > FAITH.. comes by hearing and hearing by the WORD OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOR AND I do CALL HIM that one that is RISEN CHRIST JESUS> does this OBsolve me from being as anyone else> NO.. ONLY if I have NEVER SINNED AT ALL IN MY LIFE while HERE>>> I would never ever ever say I have not sinned I know better . I believe the difference is THAT I ACTUALLY believe IN A HELL TO STAY OUT OF and a HEAVEN TO LOOK FORWARD TO. why?? would I SAY THIS. well I KNOW WHY DREAMS ARE GIVEN and DREAMS REVEAL MUCH to believers in the TRUTH of what OUR LORD HAS ALREADY HAD written said done and accomplished for all His CREATION..
    1 Corinthians 13: 4-7
    4:-7:Charity suffereth long,and is kind;charity envieth not;charity vauntith not itself,is not puffed up,Doeth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
    as for truth of what we as men and woman being CHILDREN of OUR LORD and SAVIOR . we all have fallen from HIS LOVE MERCY AND GRACE,,, LONG AGO ….
    I for one happen to believe that My mother and my dad knew just as I have believed and do believe that the Book we have today is the same book that those that gave us the government we as being called AMERICANS Believed as I have and do and will continue to believe In this HOLY BIBLE . IF NONE OF US AS AMERICANS cannot believe IN THIS TRUTH Then WE ARE neither CHRISTIANS NO+R ARE we FRIENDS OF A people CALLED ISRAELITES EITHER OF THE SCRIPTURE THE HOLY BIBLE THAT TODAY WE KNOW AS JEWISH people THAT LIVE TODAY IN A PLACE CALLED ISRAEL.. SORRY IF THIS GOES AGAINSTY some in here. YET I LOVE THE JWEWISH AS well as ALL THAT CALL OURSELVES AMERICANS> I JUSTY DO NOT LIKE WHAT some MEN AND WOMAN DO TO OTHER men and woman BY ALL OUR SINFUL WAYS I sometimes do wonder how OUR ANCESTERS DELT with all the harm and hatred that mankind can do to another down through time and ages past. FAITH .. IN A WORD THAT HAS been GIVEN TO US BY A HOLY CREATOR OF ALL THINGS.
    AGAIN ONE MORE time I NEVER WROTE the BOOK MARTY!!!!!!!!!! and nethier have you … so if I did not and you did not and none of us have what shall any of us believe if WE ARE NOT and CANNOT CALL ourselves CHRISTIAN of the CHRISTIAN FAITH IN A RESURRECTED CHRIST JESUS>> AND A LAND CALLED ISRAEL AND A PEOPLE WE KNOW EXIST . THE HEBREW JEWISH .. ??? DOUBT is also a WORD and so is THOMAS a NAME. the BOOK is full of what people are STILL GUILTY of… JEALOUSY , ENVY, and THE HATRED of EACH OTHER CALLED BROTHERS. do any of us have any answer for to BRING LASTING PEACE between the BROTHERS CALLED JEWS AND those that HATE them and US CALLED CHRISTIAN OF THE CHRISTIANITY AMERICANS WHOM ARE KNOWN AS FREE people to do what?? worship FREELY IN the NAME OF CHRIST JESUS if we CHOOSE TO do so. and so can the JEWISH worship here along with MUSLIMSBUDDAIST and any other people that live here.. and have their CHURCHES HOUSES OF worship IN AMERICA!!!!!!
    I am done marty I am really fed up with all the doubters in the TRUTH OF THE HOLY BIBLE AND what has already been written within the pages FROM GENESIS -REVELATION. maybe if the World could stop long enough to let me jump off I would . YET MY LORD HAS MY LIFE in HIS HAND YES I REALLY do believe this YES I DO.. IT is called FAITH… I never have questioned that GOD WAS IS AND always will be HELL THERE is and HEAVEN there is THE BLOOD YET FLOWS because of HATRED JEALOUSY and ENVY of whom????

Trouble is that Christians forgot Jesus.

Not all Christians have forgotten Jesus. Jimmy Carter has followed Jesus and is a real Christian. So are those African American Baptist and Methodist preachers who live in the Hood, preach to small congregations and spend most of their time comforting the poor, sick, and troubled. They are Jesus Christians.
    The problem is that in construction of Athanasian Christianity in the late 4th Century, Jesus was trivialised. Jesus was deified (apotheosis) and lost his humanity. That meant you worship Him but don't need to heed his words and life.
    Does anybody doubt that Reverend John Hagee who believes Adolph Hitler was an agent of God sent to kill Jews and force the others back to Israel so they could be bait to bring about Armageddon and the end of the world? Of course most of those Jews are doomed in the Armageddon if they don't convert (and become non-Jews.) That bastard Hagee also called the Catholic Church a whore, and New Orleans deserving Hurricane Katrina because of a Gay Pride parade.
    I am not a Christian although I admire Jesus, I like to express my true feelings of anger. As long as God is passing out Glioblastoma Multiforme tumours to Ted Kennedy (a good man), can't he spare some big whopping GBM's for Hagee, Robertson, Parseley, Dobson, Robison, Bush, Cheney, Bill O'Reilly, Osama Bin Ladin, Mullah Muhammad Omar, and other douche bags that are chancres in the rectum of humanity.
    Amergin

I can't believe how many people who I thought were Christians are saying that they hope TK has a painful death. That's just so wrong! It's no wonder that people like you are turned off to Christianity.

That meant you worship Him but don't need to heed his words and life. Does anybody doubt that Reverend John Hagee who believes Adolph Hitler was an agent of God sent to kill Jews and force the others back to Israel so they could be bait to bring about Armageddon and the end of the world? Of course most 350-001 exam
    642-426 exam
    1z0-047 exam of those Jews are doomed in the Armageddon if they don't convert (and become non-Jews.) That bastard Hagee also called the Catholic Church a whore, and New Orleans deserving Hurricane Katrina because of a Gay Pride parade. I am not a Christian although I admire Jesus, I like to express my true 642-426 exam feelings of anger. As long as God is passing out Glioblastoma Multiforme tumours to Ted Kennedy (a good man), can't 1z0-047 exam he spare some big whopping GBM's for Hagee, Robertson, Parseley, Dobson.