What scares you?

Written by Christianity and the Confusion on December 12th, 2008

Today is full of fear, it would seem that the world is becoming a very scary place. The question which I bring to you is this, what brings the most fear to your heart? I have prepared a few images that might go along with this subject, click here for those images.

I know that most people aren't thinking about the threat of nuclear bombs these days. Right now people are thinking more about their jobs and retirement, but the threat of nuclear annihilation is still there. I know that one day all will end, but the thought of being Nuked scares the devil out of me!

I think people don't really understand the chaos the rising sea levels is going to cause in this and the next generation.

My daughter's future but there is still time to work hard and make it better. High ho, high ho, it's off to work I go … for her. And spend time with her and take her places and see things together and talk (if she wants to).
    Shalom

time is short, once boys come into play——dad will come outdated and very old—-oh, and uncool. So enjoy while the time is here.

President Obama… Need I say more?

That My Children Will Die, Or My Grand-children, Or That they disappear and I can't find them. These are the things which scar me the most and always have, and I know they will always be part of my fears till I die. I also hope that I die before any of them do.

I think what scares me the most is not being able to do good by my wife and children…being able to provide for them. No, we don't have any kids yet, but wifey is going off birth control at the end of the month, after over a year of changing her epilepsy medecine. Heh. Her mother says if she isn't pregnant by February, we need to wait for a couple months…she doesn't want ANOTHER birthday in December (her, wife and her sister [twins], and a couple others).

Good luck with that sorry she has the “illness of the gods”. Julius Caesar, having epilepsy, it allowed him to project greater political charisma.
    A brave person gets married, takes responsibility for another person (even one who has no “diagnosed” ailment (and well all have ailments)). The bravest person takes responsibility for a child, because you have the incarnation of the future in your hands! Ultimately it is in G-d's hands … that thought has allowed me to emotionally survive considerable troubles.
    The trick, is to pay attention to the here and now, and get on with it. What will happen, will happen, but you will know you played your part well, whatever misadventure may occur. Character is shown more in dealing well with the hand you are dealt … and in accepting the responsibility to play the hand as best you can, not in being able to pick and choose the cards to your liking (that is why rich folk are cowards). Great character is shown in playing another hand, even if you lost the last one.
    Shalom

I think what scares me the most…
    May you be blessed with healthy and happy children.