Free Fire Zone ~ February 09

Written by Christianity and the Confusion on February 1st, 2009

This is the Free Fire Zone message board for February. The previous ones can be found by using the search engine located below the Google/dictionary box, by doing a search of “Free Fire Zone” you will be able to see all previous ones.  Feel free to reply to any post there or restart the thread here.

This message board is for posting what ever you like. If you notice that some pages are missing try looking at the new page called Archives. Some may find this page useful when their regular boards are not working. Here all are welcome, after registering you will be able to post. To start a new thread click on the Post a comment you can gave that thread a title by replacing the Free Fire Zone with your title. I hope you all enjoy this page.

I thought this video was very educational. It outlines some excellent points to refute the Free Market Religious zealots. It is quite topical and talks about the current financial crisis, how liberalization of the monetary system coupled with an insane fear of government and the belief that private tyrannies only concerned for their own profit lead to the worse crash in 75 years.
    I highly recommend this video and would love to hear your input.

I thought that this was so cool that I had to post it.

I like Chomsky, but I don’t' think that most people can follow everything that he says. I was disappointed that this video was made before Obama became President, but Norm still said some interesting things. He talked about the liberalization of the Market and all we have heard for the media for years is how good the Free Market is, but that type of freedom isn't good for people. A truly Free Market can own and sale slaves, is that good? NO, but that is what happens when there isn't any regulations governing the Market.

I don't think that Chomsky is half what you liberals make him to be. Too much of that head in the sky kind of stuff for me, give me someone who can put things so that everyone understands, you know like Rush.

Two of the biggest names in Ohio Democratic politics launched campaigns for the U.S. Senate on Tuesday, setting up a high-profile primary battle for the right to face off against Republican Rob Portman in 2010.
    Ohio Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner and Lt. Gov. Lee Fisher are both seeking the seat left open by Republican senator George Voinovich, who announced his retirement in January.
    Brunner, perhaps best known outside Ohio for involvement in voter registration lawsuits in the weeks before to the 2008 presidential election, announced her bid this afternoon in email and web video sent to supporters.
    Citing her experience as a small business owner and taking cues from President Obama’s economic recovery plan, she sketched a rough plan for job creation in a state with an unemployment rate approaching 8 percent.
    “We’ve come too far to send the same people who got us into this crisis back to Washington,” Brunner said in a web video, a likely reference to Portman, a former congressman and top official in the Bush administration.
    Fisher, who had already opened an exploratory committee and has the backing of Ohio’s popular governor, Ted Strickland, was not about to cede tomorrow’s headlines to his new rival.
    Shortly after Brunner’s announcement, Fisher organized an evening press conference at the state house in Columbus to formally announce his candidacy, according to the Cleveland Plain-Dealer.
    Both Democrats lead Portman in a hypothetical matchup, with Fisher holding a slight advantage in surveys.
    According to a Quinnipiac poll of Ohio registered voters released earlier this month, Fisher leads Portman 42 to 27 percent, with 29 percent undecided. Brunner holds a 38 to 28 percent edge over Portman, with 31 percent undecided.

Which is it, CNN that is, is it Liberal or Conservative?
    What I see is a mix from the center to the right and that bothers me because at least half the Country finds it's self on the left. I think the biggest joke is the claim that the media is liberal, I just don't see it.

George Will's February 22 column in the Washington Post began: “A simple apology would have sufficed.” Alas, this was not a reference to Will's error-filled column on climate change the week before (FAIR Action Alert, 2/18/09). But the paper's new ombud did email a response to some of Will's critics, which managed to reveal how Will easily gets away with such falsehoods.
    Will's original column included three significant problems: He misrepresented scientific research in the 1970s by claiming that cooling was the prevailing concern, he misrepresented University of Illinois research on sea ice, and he claimed that U.N. climate researchers have found “no recorded global warming for more than a decade.”
    Click here to read the rest.

Judging by the programming I would say conservative, if it wasn't there would someone on who is as far to the left as Beck is to the right.