Medical Marijuana ~ Justice Department Won't Prosecute

Written by Christianity and the Confusion on October 20th, 2009

The new policy is in line with what candidate Barack Obama promised in his campaign. As a presidential candidate, Obama said he would end federal raids on people who used marijuana for medical purposes.

“The Justice Department going after sick individuals using this as a palliative instead of going after serious criminals makes no sense,” Obama said in July 2007.

The new formal guidelines reflect that language. “As a general matter, pursuit of these priorities should not focus federal resources in your States on individuals whose actions are in clear and unambiguous compliance with existing state laws providing for the medical use of marijuana,” states the memo from the Justice Department to U.S. attorneys.

“For example, prosecution of individuals with cancer or other serious illnesses who use marijuana as part of a recommended treatment regimen consistent with applicable state law, or those caregivers in clear and unambiguous compliance with existing state law who provide such individuals with marijuana, is unlikely to be an efficient use of limited federal resources,” the memo states.

Post you comments at http://www.free-fire-zone.com/post?id=4807672&pid=41101813#post41101813

I feel really sorry for people who are suffering and maybe Marijuana could help them, but I'm afraid that people will abuse it. Will can't they just take what is helpful in Marijuana and put it in a pill? That would stop this from becoming a tool of legalization.

Hi Z,
    I think that this might be the one move that will undo Obama. If all those good one Lefties get stone on election day who will vote for the Dems? Just a joke, I personally lean more towards the Libertarian view on this, but I'm afraid that if we start legalizing drugs where will we draw the line? Will it be Pot today and Meth tomorrow?

Instead of worrying about drugs being legal, you should be concerned about how many lives are ruined by laws. How many families have been broken up just because someone smoked a join and went to jail? How many futures have been destroyed in the same way? Is that alright with you? In my opinion, it is a blight on America.

Thank you, I am a chronic pain sufferer and I am also allergic to many of the pharma pain killers, marijuana gives me great relief.
    It is unfortunate that there are so many misunderstandings about marijuana.

I think that there's been so many stories told about marijuana that people refuse to believe anything else. The thing that makes me really mad is that 14 states have voted to legalize Medical Marijuana, just who are these people who think they have a right to over turn the votes of the people?

I cannot tell you how good it was to see my good friend posting here. I will be looking forward to talking to you more.

Glad you were joking Pet, if you really were, but I don't think the pain of other people is any laughing matter. Personally, I don't see why Marijuana was ever mad illegal.

So, Jack you don't mind wasting tax dollars to lock up Americans who weren't hurting anyone.

That is questionable, if they weren't hurting anyone why are they in jail?

Nice blog. Keep up the good work!!
    buy vitamins online

Please check out our new page of Free Advertising at http://www.christianity-and-the-confusion.com/blog/_archives/2010/3/2/4469866.html

Insightful piece, thanks a lot!
    fast weight loss

Great post, very informative, thank you for sharing!
    weight loss diet pills

medical treatment should be taken immediately for any problem related to our body.
    Utah Dentists

Hi Kevin, you will have to try our main message board, “Free-Fire-Zone.com” Most of new articles direct comments to a sister thread over there. Thanks for you comment.
    Host One